The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC44 Problem  (Read 3429 times)

Offline smokie1010

DC44 Problem
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:05:08 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you are well and enjoying the prolonged sunny weather here in the UK.
I have been given a DC44 to look at. The problem is the Motorhead unit stops working when you turn it certain ways (brushbar stops turning). This suggests a loose connection or broken wire to the motor.

I have taken it apart as far as I can and the wires are connected to the motor ok. Turning it over and looking where you can see into the ball type area I can see a black and a white wire which obviously feeds power to the motor.

Do these suffer the same problem with the broken wire problem that the DC40 Ball Models do, although on a smaller scale?

Has anyone else come across this problem on a DC44 Motorhead and have you managed to find and fix the problem?

Thanks

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC44 Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 06:42:00 pm »
Yes I've come across it a couple of times where the cables snap and the brushbar stops in a certain position.

Have swapped the cable once from a scrap head before but not sure I'd do it again  :'(

Offline smokie1010

Re: DC44 Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 02:44:04 pm »
Thanks, I suspected as much. Have told them the best option is just to replace the whole head unit.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram