Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Vintage Vacuum Cleaners & Appliances

Vintage style cord and plugs.

(1/2) > >>

Dysonboy:
Does anybody know where I can source some vintage style rubber (the very very flexible stuff) cable from for my new Hoover, well its from 1950s so not new lol.
Need to replace cord but would rather keep it vintage style than some newer style stuff from wilko or whereever.

MVacs:
I've got some genuine Kirby flexes that I recently obtained for exactly this. They have a kind of fluting on them and are very flexible and rubbery as you describe. See my Instagram post on the subject >>here<<. The ones I got were a lighter grey, so while not original for a 50s Hoover, they are very in keeping with what you are trying to do if you chop the moulded plug off and pop a nice vintage MK plug on there - it works.

These are the ones I have:

But the photo doesn't show you the texture in enough detail, but if you've seen a Kirby you'll know what I mean.

I need £15 each plus £3 P&P if of any use. I could spare 1-3 but no more.

Dysonboy:

--- Quote from: MVacs on July 30, 2018, 05:14:08 pm ---I've got some genuine Kirby flexes that I recently obtained for exactly this. They have a kind of fluting on them and are very flexible and rubbery as you describe. See my Instagram post on the subject >>here<<. The ones I got were a lighter grey, so while not original for a 50s Hoover, they are very in keeping with what you are trying to do if you chop the moulded plug off and pop a nice vintage MK plug on there - it works.

These are the ones I have:

(Attachment Link)

But the photo doesn't show you the texture in enough detail, but if you've seen a Kirby you'll know what I mean.

I need £15 each plus £3 P&P if of any use. I could spare 1-3 but no more.

--- End quote ---

Ah yes I remeber seeing that post now I see it.

Thanks for the offer, but have kept the cable off my old Kirby that just stripped down to fit to it, Thanks anyways.

achourasweet:
Did you manage to find a cord for your old Hoover? They seem to be rare on the market nowadays. I also need one for my old vacuum cleaner I got from my father. I have already looked on eBay and Facebook Marketplace, but I couldn’t find anything appropriate. I already start thinking about using a newer cord.   

MVacs:
I've still got two of the flexes pictures above in case of interest.

£15 each delivered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version