Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

Kirby sales worth?

(1/3) > >>

Dysonboy:
Hello all my friends!
So about a year ago now I aquired two Kirbys, a G7 and a G5. Im reconditioning and keeping my G5 plus my shampoo doo-dars, but the G7 will however be sold on.
Now what im trying to work out is how much, and how best to sell it.
Its in need of a fair few bits which is why I ask, bag, gearbox, belts and the main handle rear to name a few. Its becoming the point where im wondering, will it ever be worth spending all the money, time and effort in refurbishing it to sell on, or am I just better breaking it for parts and selling them rather than the whole machine. The latter im thinking is best profit wise and easier.

***A few mins passes while I scan eBay and total up***
Okay so having done a bit of research, its a no brainer to break for spares! Coming to a grand total of a whooping £112.08 just to get it running again, I think I shall pass on that.

With that in mind keep an eye out on the member sell area of the forum for a post up about it incase you need any bits and bobs for your kirby.

Cheers folks!

MVacs:
Last few Kirbys we have had have done very small amounts on eBay.

Ive got a G4 in excellent order going cheap if anyone wants it.

Dysonboy:

--- Quote from: MVacs on July 30, 2018, 03:34:54 pm ---Last few Kirbys we have had have done very small amounts on eBay.

Ive got a G4 in excellent order going cheap if anyone wants it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah as I say, its going to cost more to get it in working order then it will make, since been stripped down for parts ready to list on ebay once I have some time.

RustySkull:
You can get a lot of money for a Kirby is you're willing to wait.

MVacs:
Just put a fully working Kirby G4E on an eBay auction to clear. It only made £25 and £10 P&P.

I'd plugged it on our FB page, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and several vacuum groups on Facebook.

Verdict: Kirby vacuums cost several grand new, but when sold used are worth next to nothing. Nobody has wanted a huge and heavy machine like this in Europe since the 80s when 70s shagpile carpet was just about still in vogue. Technology has moved on. Nowadays if you want a proper vacuum for carpet, you can buy a Sebo X7 that weighs a third of what a Kirby does, is half the size and is more usable - not to mention superb on carpet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version