The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dc07 full gear  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Animalventura

Dc07 full gear
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:14:49 pm »
Hello

I have stripped down the above. However I can’t seem to get the clutch casing off which seems to be stopping me from accessing the motor.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
Re: Dc07 full gear
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:58 pm »
you mean the glossy black clutch cover i presume ?, 3 torx screws, you probably missed the back one ?
The only way to fail is not to try.

Offline Animalventura

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 04:19:02 am »
Why yes it is and I have totally missed that screw.

Will look at that tomorrow.

Thanks again

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 02:42:09 am »
Why yes it is and I have totally missed that screw.

Will look at that tomorrow.

Thanks again

two are visable looking from inside of cleaner head with brushroll and brushroll housing removed and third screw which many new people forget or dont realise is under the U-Bend and there is a hole in the chassis, a long t15 driver down their and thats the final screw. it then pulls off, you can remove fan belt (that what I call it anyways - from motor (fan) to clutch) cleaner head off, 1 screw, switch housing off, remove inner cable from switch and neutral junction, pull cable out of rear of chassis, four torx 15 screws around the motor shroud then the hole thing pulls off, (we remove cable to make this much easier) pull off motor housing shroud, then the fan cover pops off with a large flatblade in all four tabs (try not to break them, not end of world if one goes) then motor will pull out. Washing liquid or some other lubricant on the seals helps with the seals otherwise its a pain in the behind. Need any more help
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration