The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Cannot take off the switch cover of DC 18  (Read 4749 times)

Offline myopetz

Cannot take off the switch cover of DC 18
« on: September 01, 2013, 02:22:34 am »
The main switch on my DC18 stopped working. I was trying to do the replacement myself. I took off all four torx screws at the back of the machine. But still I cannot get off the switch cover. The top is loose already, but the bottom appears to be still fastened by something. Anyone has the similar experience?

Thanks!

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: Cannot take off the switch cover of DC 18
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:28 pm »
The main switch on my DC18 stopped working. I was trying to do the replacement myself. I took off all four torx screws at the back of the machine. But still I cannot get off the switch cover. The top is loose already, but the bottom appears to be still fastened by something. Anyone has the similar experience?

Thanks!

Put the bottom two screws back in their holes just a couple of turns - then with the screwdriver in place on each screw, either hit the end with the palm of your hand or a light tap with a hammer and it should pop that switch cover out. You've then just got to take the screws out and the cover should come right off  :thumbsup:

Offline myopetz

Re: Cannot take off the switch cover of DC 18
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »

Thanks!

Put the bottom two screws back in their holes just a couple of turns - then with the screwdriver in place on each screw, either hit the end with the palm of your hand or a light tap with a hammer and it should pop that switch cover out. You've then just got to take the screws out and the cover should come right off  :thumbsup:

Thank you, russ! It worked magically ;)

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram