Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Discussion About Other Vacuum Cleaners & Appliances

Rowenta Air Force - Stripdown and refurb

(1/3) > >>

beko1987:
I think we are long overdue another refurb thread on a machine nobody cares about arent we! So, as everyone is in bed and I'm not feeling shattered for the first time in forever, let's see how far we get!

I got this from the car boot utterly ages ago

Not a valid youtube URL
And Amy soon had it pressed into daily service for a good year, where it was pretty fine actually, if not VERY clunky. But then I got the Beko which is better in every way, so it was time to get it cleaned up and ready for sale.

We'll take the bin and floor head off for this first bit

And undo this large screw here

Forgive the dampness, it got left out in the rain the day before!

The main handle pulls off the body, and the nut that goes with the bolt can be retrived

All the many screws that hold the shell together can come off now

Out comes the large battery

And we can start to pick apart the wiring, starting with the lower body connections

beko1987:
I should have posted earlier that the filter got lobbed in the washing machine at some point too, here it is before (we cleaned it quite regularly as it got filthy alot)

Back to wiring, the DC jack gets unscrewed from the chassis

Which fully separates the two halves of the casing. Then the lower PCB can be removed

Then the handle grip slides out

Revealing the screw that holds the top PCB/On/off switch in place

That removes all the wiring from the top part

The slider controls are held in with this screw

beko1987:
Out they come

The 'Booster' (full power) LED Light lens pops out, it's not a button which people who used it thought it was!

And the top half is done! Time to move down to the motor section now!

The shell is held together at the bottom by this bracket and it's 4 screws.

Which slides out when undone

This rubber seal comes out from inside, and is what seals the brush head onto the suction path

Moar screws removed!

And the power house is revealed! (and falls out a bit too as the securing screws go removed possibly a step too early

Back down below, behind there the first thing we removed sits, this spring fell out

beko1987:
Then this piece here unclips from above that

This is actually the bin removal mechanism, you push down onto the spring which unlatches the top, then when you fit the bin that same spring keeps the bin tight against the top mating face.

These wires are for the powerhead motor

And simply clip up the back of the chassis. Next out is this terminal block

This plastic pad holds the bracket straight against the chassis face (I presume, seemed a tad pointless TBH)

I had to remove one more thing before getting the rest of the wiring out, the exhaust vent! This plastic cap holds the foam on

Then the outer trim piece pops out

Then, finally, the screw can be got at!

Now that the motor is fully free, we can see what it is! Ah! Dr. Johnson I presume?

beko1987:
The fancase seal is held on with this bracket

The rubber peels off the plastic mount

Lots of sand was present between the two layers

I spied more screws

So removed them to see what happened

Ah! a fan

It seemed rude not to remove the fan as we were here

Oh look, 2 more screws!

That had the motor stripped right off the fancase housing

Navigation

[0] Message Index