The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson V6 issues - Pulling my hair out!!!  (Read 8573 times)

Offline ciscobloke

Dyson V6 issues - Pulling my hair out!!!
« on: November 19, 2018, 10:04:09 am »
So our Dyson started playing up. It would cut out randonly. The Boost button would flash blue for about 10 secs then it would stop.

I removed the battery on pressing the button on the battery direct it turns blue then switches to green and off.

I stripped and cleaned the hoover and no blockages. I bought a new battery but that turns blue on plugging in charger then few seconds later switches off. When i press the button directly on this battery I get nothing.

I bought a new charger and tried that with old battery, it goes blue then at some point switches off to indicate full charge but then still when in boost mode starts flashing blue then off. With boost switched off I seem to get good run time.

I tried a battery from a different machine and same thing happens with boost selected.

Any ideas peeps?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Dyson V6 issues - Pulling my hair out!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 10:02:46 pm »
If you take the filter out and turn it on, does it run fine?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline ciscobloke

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 10:18:05 pm »
Does exactly the same. Ran tonight for ages without boost on but soon as you put boost on the light flashes and it goes off.

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:27:53 am »
is this without using the motorized head ? if not then try without.

If you have a fault on the main hand unit then these are generally unserviceable i find.
Only other things i can suggest are cleaning the battery connections inside the main hand unit after removing the battery.
These do become dirty and can become slightly high resistance.
A cotton bud and isopropyl will clean them, servisol switch cleaner would do as would wd40 as a last resort.

Ensure the non return flap isn't siezed half way closed, just behind where the tools connect to body.
Every one i have seen is jammed fully open allowing the crap to fall out of the bin when unit is placed back on the wall mounted cradle. However they can jam half way restricting air flow. but generally the machine will hunt if it thinks it's blocked.
other than that you will have to bin it.
I did see someone on ebay recently selling a brand new motor assembly for a v6, which i thought was strange as i as previously mentioned they were unserviceable
The only way to fail is not to try.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram