The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson v6 adapter for vaccum storage bags, help!  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Maryberry

Dyson v6 adapter for vaccum storage bags, help!
« on: December 26, 2018, 04:57:08 pm »
Hello

I purchased an adaptor for my v6, one that allows me to vaccum pack storage bags. However the adapter doesnt seem to be working, the company have advised it isnt a fault with the adapter though
 The machine pulsates when i try to vaccum pack it and doesnt do what its meant to do

Can anyone offer any advice?

Mary

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
Re: Dyson v6 adapter for vaccum storage bags, help!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »
that is normal for a dyson cordless v6. It is not designed for it.
Basically it thinks it's blocked.
use a henry or a standard upright vacs hose for that job.
The only way to fail is not to try.

Online Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
Re: Dyson v6 adapter for vaccum storage bags, help!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 08:16:05 pm »
That will be this adaptor.

The adaptor cannot be at fault as its only a piece of tubing with a tool fitting on. There is nothing to be faulty.

It will be more inclined to do it if the cyclone and/or the filters have not been maintained. A slightly blocked filter, a slightly blocked cyclone and maybe a sticky entrance valve and then "blocking" it with a vacuum bag will make any V6 pulse. Like Ryevac says, it thinks it is blocked - which it essentially is.

It can be minimised a bit though.......

Make sure your filter is clean (washing machine) and dry (or new), and the flappy valve at the entrance near the front of the bin moves free and the small cyclone holes aren't clogged up with debris. Use the adaptor allowing a little air to flow past - ie, not so tight. That way maybe 80% bag suction, 20% escaping suction. This way you are not entirely blocking the machine. A bit of trial and error and you'll soon get the hang of it.

That said, the V6 doesn't have much suction in the first place so dont expect the earth. Like Ryevac says, a proper vacuum is better really. Yes that adaptor fits the V6 but it isn't the adaptors fault that your V6 isn't up to doing with the vacuum bag what you want it to do.
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration