The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC40/41 Plastic cog  (Read 231 times)

Offline Gerard131929

DC40/41 Plastic cog
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:14:42 AM »
Hi new member here. Ive been fixing Dyson's as a hobby for a year now and the one constant stumbling block i have is on DC40/41's when replacing the yoke. I have yet to get a foolproof technique for lining up the plastic gear cog. I have seen the video for the DC50 where the cog is placed on the machine and then the yoke fitted over it but can't get the hang of it. I have tended to have the cog loosely fitted to the yoke so i can then manipulate it but am unsure if i should fit the yoke when the machine is upright or reclined. When the machine is upright am i right in thinking that the bottom of the cog should be visible and resting against the "stop"
Apologies for my first post being a long winded one but any advice is greatly appreciated

Offline Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
Re: DC40/41 Plastic cog
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:51:14 AM »
Have you read Beko's sticky strip down topics on here?
Manchester Vacs Dyson and Sebo Engineer
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You accept/implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk. Dyson and Sebo Spares and Service

Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration