The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Trawling for info on DC07 non clutch  (Read 10608 times)

Offline pedmonston

Trawling for info on DC07 non clutch
« on: January 31, 2019, 11:15:04 am »
Trawling for info on DC07 non clutch. Brush rollers turn constantly whether upright or not. Is there a switch somewhere that may have failed?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Trawling for info on DC07 non clutch
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:19:40 am »
Welcome Mr Pedmonston

Your brushroll will never stop spinning on a non clutched DC07, you need a clutched one for the brushroll to stop when upright. You can convert one, however youll need a clutched brushroll, brushroll housing, cleanerhead and clutch, and it'll be far far cheaper to pick up a ropey clutched machine and just tidy it up.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline pedmonston

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:52 am »
I have an 07 non clutch with the brushes turning constantly. Is there an actuator anywhere that may have failed? Can't pick one out in the diagrams.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 12:23:05 pm »
Not on a non clutched model, you need the clutched/brush control model for that.

Its number 8 on the top image, but as said in the other thread you need more than the clutch to convert one!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline pedmonston

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 01:53:38 pm »
Thank you! A few hours of my life I won't get back! We're a 2 Dyson family, DC04 and DC07 and the DC04 despite being an earlier model has an on/off arrangement for the roller - off when upright. My wife who's in charge of these things informed me the DC07 has gone wrong, the brushes keep on spinning. I took it apart, replaced the drive belt which was about to go, looked, looked and looked some more for an on/off actuator for the rollers. Doh!

Thanks for your help.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 05:50:46 pm »
Ah I see!

Both the 04, 07 & 14 came in non clutch and clutch flavours, non clutch usually being the cheaper model available.

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration