Dyson Advice > Which Vacuum Cleaner Is for Me?

Is V10 enough for small 2 bedroom house?

(1/3) > >>

Halcyon:
Hey,
Some of you may know that I own Ball Animal 2. I've recently purchased V8 from Dyson's outlet.
Both with my partner, we decided that it's better to sell Ball Animal 2 as it's not really suitable for our 3 storey house where literally there's one room on every floor. I know, why did we even buy it don't know  :dead-dyson:
Anyway, my partner thinks that it's better to return V8 and when we sell Ball Animal 2 get V10 and have it as our only vacuum.
I think that we would be better with V8 and some second hand cylinder Miele.
What's your opinion guys?
I'm just gonna add that we have 2 cats

MVacs:
I'd suggest a cordless is not enough on its own.

Halcyon:
That's what I'm thinking.
I'm thinking about getting second hand Miele C2 Compact. Have any of you guys have it?
I've watched some vids and it basically says that it should have sealed system, that C1 doesn't have.
Anyway, Ball Animal 2 has just been sold  :dead-dyson:

Parwaz7862:

--- Quote from: Halcyon on June 09, 2019, 09:08:07 pm ---Hey,
Some of you may know that I own Ball Animal 2. I've recently purchased V8 from Dyson's outlet.
Both with my partner, we decided that it's better to sell Ball Animal 2 as it's not really suitable for our 3 storey house where literally there's one room on every floor. I know, why did we even buy it don't know  :dead-dyson:
Anyway, my partner thinks that it's better to return V8 and when we sell Ball Animal 2 get V10 and have it as our only vacuum.
I think that we would be better with V8 and some second hand cylinder Miele.
What's your opinion guys?
I'm just gonna add that we have 2 cats

--- End quote ---

In which ways was the Dyson ball not suitable for your 3 storey house?

Halcyon:
It just seemed easier at first. You just vacuumed floors without a need of unclipping the wand. But then it became annoying .
I had to unclip the wand to vacuum sofa, chair and chair cushions as they're literally everyday full of cat hair. Hair everywhere even on windowsills. I was always trying to lean the cleaner against something but many times it just fell over. Then from the living room I had stairs to the bedroom upstairs, it was easy to do must say. But while using combination tool once in the bedroom the cleaner was falling over.
I have a black carpet downstairs in the hall and on the stairs. The ball cleaned it very efficiently but if hair was really close to the wall, front of the floor head didn't reach and I had to unclip the wand.
It was quite exhausting I must say carrying it up and down 3 levels where like I said I had to vacuum one room on each floor and 2 bathrooms, one downstairs and one upstairs..
When I was buying it, I wanted to get a cylinder but the Dyson lady who basically persuaded us into buying upright said that it would be much easier and cylinders are not very good.
Well, I'm probably gonna be wondering for a long time whether it was a right decision to sell it. I had a cylinder Miele before while I had Ball Animal 2 and Ball managed to pick plenty of dust straight after vacuuming with Miele that had 2200W. But now when we got V8 it should do the job that Ball was doing and vacuuming should be more pleasant.
Just gonna add that some time ago I persuaded my friend to buy Light Ball Multifoor as they live in a big Victorian house where's carpet everywhere. She's absolutely in love with it and says that it's much easier than with her old Vax. But the  ground floor in her house is probably bigger than three levels of my house combined.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version