The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele Motor Experiment for when works quiet  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Prestbury Vac Repairs

Miele Motor Experiment for when works quiet
« on: September 24, 2019, 02:04:56 pm »
Ok has anyone ever tried and successfully fitted a Non Miele motor in to a Miele Vac.

I have been experimenting  out of interest by fitting Dyson DC08 DC25 and DC40 motors and others of similar make up and varying wattage's.

I have used the small Pcb from inside the original Miele motor and fitted it in with the replacement motor so that the speed control works.
I have tried it with original Miele Toc and donor motors own Toc.
Every motor I have tried always over heats and stops.
I've tried 850wat motors same happens.

Now your basic Dyson motor is fitted in a small tight fitting pot where the Miele machines have a larger area for hot exhaust to circulate and exhaust out.
Anyone have any ideas why this happens ?
I thought it was wattage but ive tried 1600w Motor in a 300 to 2200wat Miele machine same happens

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Miele Motor Experiment for when works quiet
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:19:00 am »
Never fitted anything else to a Miele, although a 2200w Miele motor does fit in a Hoover Constellation!

I'd say it's probably some inconsistency with a sensor somewhere if it stops when it 'overheats' as that'll be the built in circuitry kicking in. Have you tried removing the ToC from the circuit somehow and trying? Miele motors usually run almost cold (cold exhaust air at least) wheras Dyson etc don't.

Otherwise, no idea I'm afraid
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Prestbury Vac Repairs

Re: Miele Motor Experiment for when works quiet
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 04:14:28 pm »
Yes ive tried all sorts of combinations with and without original Toc but allways keep the one on the Dyson motor fitted. Im sure it cant be that complicated to do .
My henry went bang some years ago the motor was buggered, I had a good stock of DC05 motors so with some modifications i got one to fit worked like a dream in my Henry infact I still use it .

Maybe im a bit strange lol but i do like to try things out and see if they work.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram