The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Vax 121 m/c s/no 810033  (Read 4191 times)

Offline IanF

Vax 121 m/c s/no 810033
« on: December 21, 2019, 09:30:24 pm »
I've been following the various posts on Vax 121 m/c's and hoping to find someone who can sell me a reservoir bucket for mine which I was given.
Then I can realise it's full potential as a wet'n dry carpet cleaner; can anyone of you Vax fans help me please?
The BEKO 1987 strip down description was illuminating and I noticed that his reservoir bucket is orange and no ball valve shown; I thought these things were black. Also I note the absence of the ball valve- Vax service led me to believe this is a table tennis ball-is that right?
Since I started my hunt for a reservoir bucket I've come to realise that they are as rare as hen's teeth, Vax don't stock them or make them anymore; are they a very brittle plastic item, that being the reason that machines are more common minus them than with them?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Vax 121 m/c s/no 810033
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 09:32:34 am »
The 121 has an orange recovery tank, 2000 and later went to black. There is a ping pong ball in them too, depending on where on my thread you read you can remove it for cleaning (which I would have done in my quest to take things apart as far as they will go!)

Your best and easiest bet is to buy an entire shitty 121 that comes with the recovery tank. Very rare to find it on it's own, often used 121's don't come with any wet kit at all, but of course the ebay title has WET AND DRY plastered all over it!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline IanF

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 09:39:24 pm »
Thank you Beko1987. Having recently received a Vax121 advertised on eBay as a fully working machine through eBay, I never thought to ask whether it was complete with recovery bucket-thus to my surprise when I received it, it was minus bucket! Short story the guy refunded me and said keep it as he didn't want the expence of returning it to UK from Crete where I happen to live!
Thus I was about to advertise locally asking for any condition Vax121 providing it has that all important bucket!
If you or anyone following this post has such a part or full machine with bucket, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

Offline IanF

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 08:48:11 am »
Further to my last post, I have been asked if these m/c's are capable of emptying splash pools, I have my doubts, not without filling up the bucket and then having to empty it!

My search for a bucket continues including "shitty" m/c solution!

The saga of the 121 I was given continues also, I now find that the hose provided has 4 lobes on the plug that is supposed to fit into the tri-lobal socket of the 121,
Any ideas for what VAX model the quadri-lobal hose end was intended and has anybody got the correct tri-lobal plug they don't want?

Offline IanF

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 01:11:27 pm »
Further to my post of 4 Jan, I found that the Vax hose that came with my 121 m/c having a plug with 4 lobes (instead of 3) fits the VAX6121 m/c!
Why didn't VAX stick with 3 lobes as standard?

Has anybody got a VAX121 hose with a 3 lobed plug they want to sell or give away while I continue my search for the reservoir bucket?

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration