The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC15 All Floors Help Please.  (Read 3693 times)

Offline axxeman

DC15 All Floors Help Please.
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:39:16 pm »
Hello guys - Google sent me here :)

I/we have the above Dyson from new (2008) and, being bored today, decided that while we were cleaning it and rinsing the filter etc, I would start taking it apart and doing a deep clean.  Now, I have circa 40 tears experience mending electronic stuff but have never taken this bugger apart.  I only dismantled the floor brush part BUT when it was time to re-assemble, it got fractious.  With half the brush motor housing still attached to its cable, it took me an hour to refit the motor and then "persuade" the lower half of the brush assembly to mate up without a) pinching the motor cables, b) dislodging the motor and c) Getting that damned spring back in.

In the end I got it back together and then added the spring by opening it a minimum and compressing the spring with needle nosed pliers.  I am 100% certain that there is a much simpler, and less stressful way to reassemble this part so if someone can instruct me, I would be very happy.  Also, I didn't have a 15pt Torx driver and my car ones were too fat for the orifices!  Can one lay one's hands on some sort of Workshop manual with how to info and exploded diagrams?  Plus a parts list for spares reference?.

Many thanks,

Axxe

Offline DavidP

Re: DC15 All Floors Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 03:53:53 pm »
Here are the exploded drawings:

There is also a strip down topic here: Dyson DC15 - Stripdown and Refurb

Offline axxeman

Re: DC15 All Floors Help Please.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 10:08:15 am »
Excellent, thank you.  I will use that when I give it a better clean in the summer.  I did stumble across Beko's thread but found it of limited help.  Shame he didn't do some small videos of each stage rather than stills.  I would have found moving pictures with an audio commentary easier to follow.

Anyway, it is way better than nothing so I am indeed extremely grateful.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration