The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC20 Contact Head  (Read 4095 times)

Offline micchese

DC20 Contact Head
« on: January 22, 2020, 02:43:25 pm »
Hi everyone,

I found this forum in a moment of luck, so maybe you can help me out with this problem.

My sister have a DC20 telescopic Dyson, which have the Contact Head rubber hose broken in several parts, loosing suction power, so she needs to buy a replacement for the entire Contact Head, as the hose cannot be replaced. However I find pretty difficult to find this part, as it seems out of stock almost anywhere.

I found a possibile Contact Head on eBay, but the seller told me it is not compatible. The part number reported by the seller is 904486-19 (grey one) and he says it's compatible with DC08T.

This is a picture of the 904486-19 for sale:
ila_rendered

And this is a picture of my sister's Contact Head
ila_rendered

They appear to be the same to me.
Can you help me to determine if they are compatible?

Thank you very much in advance!

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC20 Contact Head
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:17:22 pm »
Looks wise they will appear virtually identical but it's down to the size/width of the pipe on the contact end - the end that fits onto the telescopic wand.

From memory I can't remember whether they're compatible, but if the seller is saying they're not, you're best off going with that  :grinn:

Offline micchese

Re: DC20 Contact Head
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:30:09 pm »
I was able to find a DC08T (telescopic) Dyson, and I did a test switching the Contact Head with my sister's DC20 C.H. They perfectly fit (her Contact Head on DC08T and the opposite as well). So I'm now sure a DC08T replacement will fit  :icon_nod:
This information may be useful to anyone in my same situation, so I'm posting what I've found here.

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration