The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: EarlyDyson DC07s and later DC07s differenecs  (Read 6931 times)

Offline grahamwin

EarlyDyson DC07s and later DC07s differenecs
« on: August 08, 2019, 06:11:01 pm »
Hi Dyson - fans how do you identify the early MK1 DCO7s rated at 330AW, by their colours/names or serial numbers ?
Are the later models a better machine and what are best clutched or no clutch? which colour plastics are more durable ? which model Allergy, Animal, All-Floors, Origin, Standard, what do readers think is the best DC07 ?
                                                                                                Regards  grahamwin
grahamwin

Offline Dysonboy123

Re: EarlyDyson DC07s and later DC07s differenecs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 02:25:08 am »
Hi, you would identify it by looking under the machine where the serial number, the production date and country.

I'd have a later model, which their plastics are much better then the earlier as they don't break and their cyclones don't block up as easily.

Color isn't really a problem.

Non clutch are the best they really groom the carpet.

Origin/Standard are the ones you should go for.

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 12:12:15 am »
On the back of the cyclone next to the SQUARE hole- If there is no number or a '1' then it is an early machine. If it has a '2' it is a later machine.

The later ones are better than the early models as they have better cyclones so they don't clog up as easily and have better airflow. Later models also have a stronger and more durable plastic in comparison to early models
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline Grumpy Jim

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 11:44:17 pm »
Hi Dyson - fans how do you identify the early MK1 DCO7s rated at 330AW, by their colours/names or serial numbers ?
Are the later models a better machine and what are best clutched or no clutch? which colour plastics are more durable ? which model Allergy, Animal, All-Floors, Origin, Standard, what do readers think is the best DC07 ?
                                                                                                Regards  grahamwin
Hi, My input for what it's worth.

Cannot answer all your questions but I can comment on some. My main DC07 is a
DC07 Origin
131-UK-G48714
Made in Malaysia
Purchased new 27/06/2008 (£159.99) and still going strong, no breakages, cracks, nothing. Colour YELLOW.
Yellow cyclone top and yellow toe piece.
Non Clutch model.

Has a reinforced double handle at top of cyclone, which indicates to me the it is a later improved model as the single handles break (according to research)

Further research (in Angus Black's book) will tell you that Yellow is one colour to look for because of it's longevity. I concur and whole heartedly recommend this particular model.

I now have three - (two in reserve) - love them.  :thumbsup:

Don't let the noise put you off, they are loud (use ear muffs if you are not manly enough to use one of these) ;)

Reply to an old post but if you catch this, Happy new year.  :thumbsup:

Offline grahamwin

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 10:14:09 am »
Hi Grumpy  Jim I can fully agree with your findings re the Yellow Dyson DC07, these non clutch DC07s have the strongest suction power of all the upright Dyson I have tried. Also I think you are correct re the Yellow ones it has a reputation as the best colour to go for. grahamwin
grahamwin

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 11:23:22 pm »
Hi Grumpy  Jim I can fully agree with your findings re the Yellow Dyson DC07, these non clutch DC07s have the strongest suction power of all the upright Dyson I have tried. Also I think you are correct re the Yellow ones it has a reputation as the best colour to go for. grahamwin

Yes the yellow non-clutched models are deffo the best for cleaning power, something to do with the brushroller that the non-clutched one is better at grooming the carpet than the non-clutch variant.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram