The baseplate can go back on now
and we can turn to the hood, that got a very thorough machine polishing!
I cleaned the burn mark off underneath as best I could, this bit is a scar though
All refitted! The HOOVER on the front blank got a bare whisper of a clean through fear of removing the immaculate lettering
We can bring the wiring up to the handle bail now and re-wire it all up, including the cleaned mains cable
Re-fit the handle grip with some fresh glue
I also found this on the cable, which was very annoying
To save the original cable (it was right in the middle so I couldn't even shop it down at the plug end) I slipped a bit of heatshrink over it
There we go, you would know unless I told you there was even a bit of a bodge there!
We can then get the handle on