The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC08 and the contact head  (Read 131 times)

Online Dysonboy

DC08 and the contact head
« on: May 14, 2020, 08:32:31 AM »
Hello fellow vacuum people  :))

My Dad brought home from his work for me the other day a couple of Dysons, and in that was a DC08..
My first cylinder Dyson, and wow! the suction is amazing, its a good performer. I'm not normally a fan of straight suction machines, or cylinders but I like this one, I do plan on getting a turbo head for it at some point but the contact head seems fairly decent..

Now my question is, when the contact head is 'parked' to the rear of the machine, after a moment or so it will fall out of the slot it sits into, not sure if somethings missing to lock it into place or not?

Hopefully my pictures work, its been a very very long time since I last uploaded photos onto here lol.

This is the contact head 'parking' thingy. I know very descriptive lol

This is when I first put it in the machine, absolutly fine.

Then after a moment or so it sort of slides forward and out.

It looks as if, and i'm wondering if its missing something that slots in down the side to help it steady? I've done lots of searching with no answer, and Google Images isn't helping at all either.

Thanks
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Online Dysonboy

Re: DC08 and the contact head
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:54:35 AM »
Nevermind it would seem I'm doing it all wrong  :'( :biglaugh:

Its supposed to wrap the hose up then just park the contact head on the back aren't you... Not with the hose attached lol
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline dysondestijl

Re: DC08 and the contact head
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »
Well I think you answered your own question there! Itís quite a weak bracket, it will take the weight of the head, but is not substantial enough to support the wand as well especially if itís extended. If you decide to get a turbo head, make sure you get the right one, the cylinder Dysons used goodness knows how many different fittings over the years, even just the DC08 range had different fittings from model to model!
I quite like the DC08. Was rather well made (for a Dyson)!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice†††Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration