The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Do you really need a clutch on a DC14?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Mr_DC25

Do you really need a clutch on a DC14?
« on: July 10, 2020, 10:29:22 pm »
Hi All,

I have a DC18, DC25 and a V6 Trigger. I was thinking about adding a refurbished DC14 or DC07 to my collection, and would of course use the purchased item.

My house has carpets, ceramic tiled floors and some vinyl strip flooring that is relatively new. To date, i use the DC25 mostly, and generally have the rollerbar going. I have never experienced any issue with the flooring, but of course, the rollerbar may be getting worn down.

My question is, do I really need a clutched DC07 or DC14? Or could I buy a popular Origin model? Although I have used the clutch, it does seem in my view to be of limited use. Any thoughts please?

Many thanks

Mr_DC25

Offline Dysonboy

Re: Do you really need a clutch on a DC14?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 02:07:01 pm »
Not really. The clutched ones have wheels on the soleplate so it rolls along the floor rather than drags so less likely to damage the flooring, but mainly the thought is the spinning brush will throw all the dirt around the place.

I do use both on all floor types tho and never had any issue.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline Mr_DC25

Re: Do you really need a clutch on a DC14?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 07:37:34 pm »
Many thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

Cheers

DC25

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram