The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC22 vs. DC07  (Read 7058 times)

Offline lucandhar

DC22 vs. DC07
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:33:34 pm »
I tried to replace my DC07 with a DC22 allergy some time back after the DC07 cut out when I had people coming over so I rushed to argos and found a DC22 in a clearance sale for £139.99 so I jumped at the chance of a Dyson for that price as I wanted a cylinder for my 3 flights of stairs but was worried that the DC22 wouldn't survive in my house (6 people [two of which have very long hair], two dogs and a cat) but it done well even if it didn't pick up the human hair. Anyway.. Yesterday I done the whole ground floor with the DC22 and pulled up alot of dirt (I vacuum daily) and then went over with the DC07 (I have a boring life  :-X) and the DC07 filled with dog and human hair and other fine dust that was invisible to the naked eye it was like it was brand new all over again I marvel at the dyson  :bow: Although when I usually use the DC22 I believe the core separator technology works as the center is always full of fine dust,

any comparison tests you've ever done?

Offline Mike Aberdeen

Re: DC22 vs. DC07
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:17:14 pm »
Its surprising what a DC01 will pick up (yes, I know we tight Scots still love our DC01's - no jokes please). I have other Dysons that seem to get redistributed back and forth around the family........ but I still like me DC01.  :thumbsup:

Hey, welcome to the site by the way Lucandhar!

Online Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »
We sell very few DC22's compared to DC07's.
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Offline lucandhar

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 03:51:11 pm »
We sell very few DC22's compared to DC07's.

They never seemed that popular

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »
What you are doing is compairing a straight suction machine to one with a brush roll.
The Cleaning performance of an upright will always beat a cylinder.

The dc22 is a good machine for hard floors but not for carpets. they sell well here but the dc14 & 23 sell better
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration