Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Gtech Carpet Sweepers (Vacuum Cleaners)

GTECH SW08 not charging

(1/3) > >>

BaldEagle:
Well - can anyone out there help me?
I have a very old, and much loved, GTECH SW08 but I made a big mistake the other day and plugged in the wrong charger. Unfortunately it was the same jack but different polarity / voltage and now it no longer charges. I can still use it but I have to unscrew the bottom door, remove the battery and charge it externally.
A REAL PAIN!

I opened the case and removed the charging circuit - one of the resistors seems to have burnt out. GTECH do not seem able or willing to help me with this information. All I need is to know the value of the blown resistor (or resistors?). BUT - I cannot read the value of this resistor! Does anyone have a similar model and be willing to have alook inside?

The board is AN-101704BR and the resistor is labelled R3 (R2 may also be damaged). Can anyone tell me the value of those resistors or a link to a circuit diagram?

THANKS!  :thumbsup:

[Image code fixed by mod]

MVacs:
I would expect Ryevac to be able to identify those by colour possibly. He is the board guru here. I'll link him

BaldEagle:
THANKS

I could not make out the colours as they are slightly blackened.
Mind you my eyesight is not what it used to be.
Here are a few more photos (attached - I hope) to help Ryevac.

ryevac:
Q1 will possibly be damaged also imo.
Sorry looking at the pics i cannot tell you the values due to the resistors burn out.
As you say best thing is for someone to open a good one up and take a pic

BaldEagle:
Thanks for trying Ryevac and I will also try to get a new Q1 transistor.
It's a shame that Gtech do not seem to provide circuit diagrams.
In the meantime I will continue to charge the battery externally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version