Dyson Worldwide > Dyson in the News

V15 released in USA

(1/2) > >>

__russ__:
https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/sticks/dyson-v15-stick/overview

Lasers  :o

Check out the video

MVacs:
I cant see the point of the screen telling you the size of dust particles myself.

__russ__:

--- Quote from: MVacs on March 25, 2021, 02:54:33 pm ---I cant see the point of the screen telling you the size of dust particles myself.

--- End quote ---

It's essentially a V10/11 with a few added gimmicks

dysondc16:
Personally I feel like the addition of the laser is just a way for dyson to add a headlight (popular feature on cordless stick vacs) without having to call it a headlight thus maintaining their image as "trend setters". Not convinced it has any real advantage though, and not keen on how there is only one on one side of the head. Perhaps that's to ensure all particles cast a shadow or something.

I find their claim about the dust sensor interesting. "Piezo sensor gives you scientific proof of a deep clean", I see several issues with this. For one, it's not giving you "scientific proof" of anything. It's giving you proof that the vacuum picked up the dust that the vacuum picked up. There is nothing sensing what might be left in the carpet. Secondly, I can't help but wonder how long the sensor will stay calibrated with grit sand-blasting across it all day.... That's why many machines use optical laser sensors instead.

The anti tangle system in the hand tool is quite cool, but the main head just uses combs like many other brands.

I'm sure the v15 is an excellent cordless vacuum, but I am struggling to see any tangible benefit over the v11. They even re-launched the outsize with the laser fluffy head and bumped the price up to 900 dollars. The omni-glide on the other hand I've wanted since it launched in Korea last year. Seems like a neat little machine for quick whip rounds. Just wish it had some facility for carpet cleaning, and came with the same small tools as the Korean versions.

MVacs:

--- Quote from: dysondc16 on March 26, 2021, 02:28:18 am ---Personally I feel like the addition of the laser is just a way for dyson to add a headlight (popular feature on cordless stick vacs) without having to call it a headlight thus maintaining their image as "trend setters". Not convinced it has any real advantage though, and not keen on how there is only one on one side of the head. Perhaps that's to ensure all particles cast a shadow or something.

I find their claim about the dust sensor interesting. "Piezo sensor gives you scientific proof of a deep clean", I see several issues with this. For one, it's not giving you "scientific proof" of anything. It's giving you proof that the vacuum picked up the dust that the vacuum picked up. There is nothing sensing what might be left in the carpet. Secondly, I can't help but wonder how long the sensor will stay calibrated with grit sand-blasting across it all day.... That's why many machines use optical laser sensors instead.

The anti tangle system in the hand tool is quite cool, but the main head just uses combs like many other brands.

I'm sure the v15 is an excellent cordless vacuum, but I am struggling to see any tangible benefit over the v11.

--- End quote ---

I completely agree.

--- Quote from: __russ__ on March 25, 2021, 03:02:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: MVacs on March 25, 2021, 02:54:33 pm ---I cant see the point of the screen telling you the size of dust particles myself.

--- End quote ---

It's essentially a V10/11 with a few added gimmicks

--- End quote ---

Yup, quick facelift, add a couple of gimmicks and put the price up.

I think the V7 and V8 are reasonable machines. I've still got a V8 at home and it does what I want it to do (flirt round when not using the Sebo).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version