The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: *Wanted* - Scottish Made Hoover Purepower  (Read 6094 times)

Offline caf1997

*Wanted* - Scottish Made Hoover Purepower
« on: May 18, 2021, 01:00:04 pm »
Hi All,

Just new to this site and to vacuum cleaner collecting too. I’ve always been obsessed with Vacuum Cleaners for as long as I can remember but only just started to build up a collection at the grand old age of 24 ahaha.

Anyways I digress :offtopic: - if anyone is selling or knows of anyone selling a Scottish made Hoover Purepower I’d be super grateful if you could let me know or point me in their direction or vice versa. Can never seem to see any really pop up on eBay etc these days, all just later Chinese made versions.

I’d love to get my hands on a New in Box one but I very much doubt anyone really has anything like that these days.

These cleaners hold a special place in my heart as it was one of the first vacuums I remember my Mum having when I was young so I think it would be fitting to have it in my collection. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline james_vacs

• James Frazer- Professional idiot
Re: *Wanted* - Scottish Made Hoover Purepower
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 09:22:55 am »
i would search it on ebay and save it as a search with notifications and then just hope someone lists one
James F- Find me on Instagram @james_vacs. only accepting vac- related accounts :)!

Offline dysondestijl

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 11:29:48 pm »
Hi, welcome aboard, are you looking for a particular model or colour scheme? They made loads, and I mean LOADS of PurePowers, some were good, some were... not so! 🤣

Offline caf1997

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 01:01:49 am »
i would search it on ebay and save it as a search with notifications and then just hope someone lists one

Hey, Thank you for the tip! :thumbsup: I've done that now, so hopefully one pops up sometime soon! :)

Offline caf1997

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 01:12:39 am »
Hi, welcome aboard, are you looking for a particular model or colour scheme? They made loads, and I mean LOADS of PurePowers, some were good, some were... not so! 🤣

Hey, thank you! :) Haha, when I moved out, I bought a 350watt Enigma and it is terrible! 🤣 so preferably a one prior to Hoovers production move to China... I'd love to get my hands on an autosense model but I highly doubt I'll ever come across one haha :'( or one with an activator brushroll. Although if I found one without one an activator I guess I could always try and get my hands one an activator.

Any help on where you can obtain these from would be much appreciated. Most places I've looked when I've looked for spares only seem to sell the new style brushroll :snivel:

Offline james_vacs

• James Frazer- Professional idiot
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 09:45:45 am »

Hey, Thank you for the tip! :thumbsup: I've done that now, so hopefully one pops up sometime soon! :)
welcome
James F- Find me on Instagram @james_vacs. only accepting vac- related accounts :)!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 05:08:26 pm »
Welcome to the vacuum community!
I don't suppose you're near Birmingham? I've considered selling mine but not to some random consumeron facebook marketplace lol.
Mine although isn't perfect, it's in overall decent condition, feel free to message me for more details!

Offline caf1997

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 08:56:18 am »
Welcome to the vacuum community!
I don't suppose you're near Birmingham? I've considered selling mine but not to some random consumeron facebook marketplace lol.
Mine although isn't perfect, it's in overall decent condition, feel free to message me for more details!

Hey, why thank you! :) I’m in Newcastle so opposite ends of the country. I’ll drop you a message! :)

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration