Just replaced the motor in my Dyson DC41. The vaccum now operates, and sucks, but the brush bar does not spin.
- there is no clogging in the bar (have taken it apart and put back together)
- the switches are all ok
- the wires to the brush bar are all ok
It appears there is no power going to the brush bar. Can somebody advise how I can determine if:
- the PCB is damaged, or
- I installed the new motor incorrectly, or
- there is a fault in the new motor, or
- something I haven't thought of yet
Other relevant information:
- the new motor came with new housing and new wires to the switches
- the new motor is getting very hot quite quickly on the filter side
I'm also wondering that if the probelm is the PCB this could have been triggered by an initial fault in the brush bar motor? I've seen a video where the PCB is replaced, but immediately fails again after the brush bar runs for a fraction of a second.
All help and advice appreciated. Thanks!