The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Vax Air Pet-how to remove brushroll motor cover?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline macman

Vax Air Pet-how to remove brushroll motor cover?
« on: August 17, 2021, 09:33:56 pm »
Has anyone taken one of these apart to access the brushroll motor? I've got one in with a non-spinning brushroll. It's not blocked or jammed, and the belt isn't broken, so has to be an issue with the motor or power supply to it. It spins for a second or so then stops, and the red light comes on.
Problem is how to get the top (cleaner head) cover off: it has 5 recessed Philips screws underneath which come out easily. But then there is one more at the centre front which looks like a security fitting; a bit like a very small Torx or rivet, but it's not. As it's so deeply recessed I can't really see what it needs to remove it. This is the only fitting that now holds the cover on.
Does anyone know if they use a special tool to release this?
And before anyone says 'it's a £60 disposable Vax, why are you even bothering?', I got collared by a neighbour who thought I could fix it even though it wasn't a Dyson...grr...

Offline dysondestijl

Re: Vax Air Pet-how to remove brushroll motor cover?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 07:16:06 pm »
Can you be any more specific on the model? Vax Air Pet could be all manor of different cleaners. They don’t keep to a theme with model names unfortunately!

Offline macman

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 03:50:10 pm »
Sorry for late reply. Turned out it was just full of solidified gunk, eventually managed to free it off: there are no hidden catches, just the visible screws.

Offline dysondestijl

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 10:54:20 pm »
Great result  :thumbsup:

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration