Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Miele Vacuum Cleaners

Miele Patern motors problem

(1/3) > >>

Prestbury Vac Repairs:
Hi all

Has anyone else had this problem with the cheaper Miele pattern  motors that are available now.
After fitting them switch on and the motor pulses fast slow as if it’s being switched on then switched back on every second.
I’ve had this with 2 different pattern model Miele motors one from EBay the second from Maddocks.
The first one I fitted to an older machine with rotary pot speed control I got around that by tweaking the pot until it run smooth and speed could be varied with no problem.

The second machine was a C3 Electronic speed control so no adjustment could be made I couldnt get around it had to return the motor to Maddocks
Has anyone else had this or by some miracle did I have 2 Friday afternoon motors. :'(

MVacs:
I know one of the main after-market parts manufacturers tried for over a year to get those motors right and in the end, I think they gave up. I didn't know anyone else was doing them. We always say it's an uneconomical repair when one of those comes in with a failed motor. Better to replace it with a Sebo cylinder and get a 5-year guarantee.

Prestbury Vac Repairs:
Hi MV
Thanks for changing my name TV man to this name.

It’s such a shame that there isn’t a decent replacement motors for these machines at a sensible price so they don’t end up in land fill. They keep banging on about recycling and repair yet manufacturers appear to ignore this and make spares like original Miele motors way over priced for us repairers to pass ridiculous charges on to customers.

dysondestijl:
The only up shot to this is when you get a duff Miele vac, you can strip for spares and most used Miele spares do sell pretty well on eBay, so you shouldn’t find that anything goes to waste. New Miele spares are ridiculously expensive so there’s always a market for used spares.

beko1987:
I had a brand new motor from q-know-who with no connection between one of the coil wires and a terminal... Not something like that is it?

It is a pain though. Thankfully from scrapping many mieles with alright motors but no tools/smashed up I've got a nice stash of good used motors 👍 It's like gold dust. One is in my Henry 160 mind...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version