The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele  (Read 20071 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Miele
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 10:31:16 am »
Iirc, you tap the metal fancase off, remove the fan then undo the screws. The motor housing then seperates, remove the armature, withdraw the carbons and hopefully get cleaning! Make sure the thermal cutout is clean too, it sits under the fan I think

Been a while, its something like that anyway!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline macman

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 11:55:35 am »
What condition are the brushes in?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 09:14:38 pm »
I knew I had the pics from mine around...

Le motor

tappy tappy

twisty twisty

CAnt remember how I locked the armature when undoing the fan, may have just held the fan and turned the nut, excersice caution with this bit

Screwy screwey

le thermal cutout

Mine had blown the track right off the board but not blown the actual fuse, did one of my legendary* soldering and good as new!

I didnt take this one down any further, but did on another identical machine, and IIRC the carbon holders lift out of a spade terminal, the armature can then be tapped out and all cleaned up. Pop the black caps off the bearings to re-pack them. All together again and clean out the fan if it's full of shyte!

Came from this

best freecycle find evah! Looking filthy again now though, and smells a bit  :underchair:
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline brett83

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 01:20:44 pm »
Struggling to get the fan off :-(.  Already caused some damage to the fan casing.  Cant seem to hold it in place to get enough on the nut.

Assuming I get the fan off, do you know of any compatible brushes, as I suspect it is them, but cant get in to check yet

Offline autovac01

• Woman in a man's world.
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25:05 am »
Did an online search for Miele carbons myself yesterday, there seem to some available. Up to now we haven't fitted any for a customer but if anyone has had success let us know.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 09:29:08 am »
Have you tried undoing the but holding the fan on? Think its anti clockwise to undo, rather than clockwise

Offline Halcyon

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 06:40:45 pm »
Are genuine bags really good though?
I'm using genuine with my old S8310 and I'm really shocked to see that sometimes my cats' hair stick out through the bag. It is also quite dusty inside the dust compartment even though I wipe it now and then.

Offline Hoover Master

• I like dyson,numatic and miele most.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2019, 09:30:51 pm »
They are fantastic bags. Check you have it in properly and that the bags aren’t too old so that the seal won’t be brittle

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram