Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Discussion About Other Vacuum Cleaners & Appliances

The Clean World of... Eureka Forbes Euroclean 2000

(1/3) > >>

beko1987:
This was a fun cleaner to own, and a familiar one too! Welcome, to the magical world of Clean!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqvMd5phHKY
I just cant quite place it's shape

Came with a cool bag

Let's start with the tools. The hose end unscrewed, and the rest are washed as they are

The other end of the hose comes off

The suction release valve comes off just like on the 1970's/80's Electrolux/Volta hose ends. It's uncanny...

Unlike the Lux ones the felt sealing pad under the slider is much plusher!

This wierd up high brush didnt come apart

Floorhead now, again a lovely clone of the Lux flip over head going back all the way to the 1950's

It's just made out of plastic, although with a nice metal base plate

beko1987:
This comes off with 2 screws

Then 2 plastic support braces sit underneath

Standard single pivot screw up front, but under a nice blanking cap

This releases the neck, and agai na much higher quality of fabric sealing ring

Onto the machine now, which yes is a clone for the Indian/that part of the world market of the Electrolux Z330 & Z345!

But without some features which will make refurbing it easier!

Bag open and immediately rather than a paper bag and oblong shape we see ye olde glory hole and cloth bag!

The bag was quite clean, this came from another collector so it wasnt utterly hanging, the dirt was from my use more!

However the plastic outer ring was showing signs of wear

beko1987:
Deeper we go now, and back into familiarity

Almost. No rivets here, but nuts and bolts, with the aitflow being sealed by fibre washers! It was lovely and simple!

With the bag door off, we can just make out the ghosting for the mount where the Automatic plunger mechanism sat on the older machines. I wonder if Eureka Forbes got hold of the original moulds from Luton and just filed stuff down?

All we have is the latch and springs

2 more shorter bolts, no drilling needed here and the front wheel comes off

This was once someones home

I carefully popped those 2 lock washers off and the top plate lifted out

What happens now is the wheel and alll the ball bearings fall out! I spy signs of moisture ingress too...

Again though, nice little bit of detail, the bearings run between a bushing and metal race, rather than directly on the wheel assembly like on the original Electrolux design. I'm growing to like this

beko1987:
Onwards! Post motor filter off, again all slightly re-designed but to within the overall existing dimensions

It's so premium

Back end now, and look up her holes and find the 2 screws either side

Pull the back carefully off, minding the switch wires at the top. The cord reel is safe for now

But not for long! I cut the OG plug off as it was cheap as heck and bendy and it's a 220v machine so I had to get an adapter for no reason at all.

Rescued the cable buffer thing though

We slide back into 345 normal-ness now and we'll have the cord reel apart

Basically, let the cable go, and let the spring fully un-tension. Then, undo the cross bar, and the now un-tensioned master reel un-hooks from the take-up/cord reel spool

The cord reel centering bar and a spring may come with it too as per the bottom right. That's fine, dont worry (yet)

beko1987:
Things go very fancy now with a transluscent blue cord reel brake spring assembly holder, zero else on this machine has this plastic!

They must have had loads lying around at the time I guess

Time to get the flex off the reel

Undo the screw holding the red fibre cord clamp on

Unscrew the flex from the terminals and it's got a red outer shielding on it, which is not a bad idea as they can break the cable at this point on the Lux's

The rear wheels remove by popping out the inner white clamp, then they slide off and the bushings come off (all handed so it only goes back together one way, just like the originals!). Tyres are off the wheels too

Onto the MASSES of wiring this machine has now

Bullet connector on this black wire, just like an old Landrover!

The switch comes off next, again a familiar shape

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version