The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson V6 Absolute cordless - no power to the power head  (Read 904 times)

Offline Matty2332

Dyson V6 Absolute cordless - no power to the power head
« on: July 20, 2023, 08:05:42 pm »
Good evening all;
Just stumbled across this excellent resource whilst trying to find a fix for my vac.
Sorry my first post is one asking for help !!!
So, I have acquired the above vac. Plenty of suction but alas the powered heads do not rotate. I have stripped and cleaned them and checked they rotate freely. I have checked continuity from the main unit to the end of the wand which is fine. I get 0.1v on the contacts of the main unit itself (with collection bin removed) when the trigger is pressed. I have bench tested both brush heads with an alternative power source and both are working. I have cleaned all the contacts and re tensioned them and still no joy. Is there anything else I can try?

Many thanks

Matt

Offline dvmabbs

Re: Dyson V6 Absolute cordless - no power to the power head
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 04:09:29 pm »
Just had this problem.  The wire to the brush motor had broken at the hinge. Soldered in a short 2 wire length from just below the tube contacts to just before the brush head swivel. Not much room and took a while to accomplish. Works.
Had difficulty reassembling outer hinge cover (wheel mount) onto hinged tube.  Should have taken better pictures when disassembling.  :grinn:

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration