The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC27 All Floors - Post Motor Filter  (Read 9328 times)

Offline Bendini

DC27 All Floors - Post Motor Filter
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:57:14 pm »
Hi everybody

I have a Dyson DC27 All Floors with a burn't out motor which will need a new post motor filter. The post motor filter & housing are different from the Animal version which has a washable filter. Anybody know the Dyson part number for the All Floors  filter (not listed on the Dyson website), if any other post motor filter is interchangeable e.g. DC04, DC07, DC14 etc. and where the cheapest source of a new genuine or pattern part is? 'Buy Spares' list one at around £15. Most other online resources just list the 'Animal' washable version probably because it is more 'user serviceable' and the other one is perhaps a lifetime HEPA type?

Anybody got any thoughts on the matter or info?

Offline Bendini

Re: DC27 All Floors - Post Motor Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »
Hi there

I am answering my own question. The post-motor filter is different to the types fitted to DC04 DC07 & DC14. It is larger and is exactly the same size and shape as the washable post-motor filter in the DC27 Animal. It is however, not a washable filter and must be intended as a lifetime unit because the DC27 manual downloadable as a PDF file from Dyson Medic only mentions washing the pre-motor filter every 3 months. I am not sure it is HEPA rated nothing on it to indicate so. It looks like pattern ones aren't available yet so if yours has been trashed by a burnt out motor you will have to spend the £15 to get a new one. Hope this is of use!!

Offline Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:55:53 am »
After market ones are available. However, they are also £15 when postage etc is added.   :coffee:

You can wash the HEPA filter up to ten times on a DC27 Dyson say. See here: http://dysonmedic.co.uk/dyson-dc27-change-wash-filters/
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Offline Bendini

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:41:02 pm »
Hi, thanks for the info. Who makes/supplies the aftermarket post motor filters for the DC27 All Floors? Usually aftermarket stuff is cheaper otherwise not much point in producing it?

The link you have added refers to the Animal version. The All Floors post motor  filter does not appear to be a washable type. However, it is a thick item not a removable pad in a cage set up so I think it is intended as a lifetime unit?

Offline Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 11:28:00 pm »
Hi, thanks for the info. Who makes/supplies the aftermarket post motor filters for the DC27 All Floors?

We have them. They are not on the site but we have them. If you wanted one, I can have you a link sent.
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration