The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC24 PCB Output Voltage  (Read 7236 times)

Offline Bendini

DC24 PCB Output Voltage
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »
Hi there

I have been working on some DC24s one of which had a blown PCB in the head. There was a dead short in the motor which had blown the large grey resistor. I acquired a non-working second hand head and tested it. The PCBs DC output voltage measured at 322v on my meter whereas the motor is rated at 240v DC. I suspected it to be faulty and bought a second hand PCB from a reputable source. This too showed 322v output at the pins where the black plug for the motor exits the PCB. I figured it was unlikely that both PCBs were faulty and connected the motor. It seems to run fine, hasn't blown or tripped the reset/overheated and doesn't seem to be running the brushbar too fast. Can anybody tell me if this voltage is normal?

Thanks 

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

Re: DC24 PCB Output Voltage
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:04 pm »
the pcb on the dc24/25 is not to reduce voltage but actually to change it from ac- dc the motor is a 220v dc ,other wise know as a voltage rectifier.  I would get a new electrical tester. ;)
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Offline Bendini

Re: DC24 PCB Output Voltage
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:17 am »
Hi thanks

That is what I thought. As you say the PCB is a rectifier not a transformer and otherwise just incorporates the reset device. I will try a different tester. I think I have an analogue one with a needle readout somewhere and see what reading I get on that

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram