The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 no suction when using attachments  (Read 5701 times)

Offline ninja112

DC07 no suction when using attachments
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:08:03 am »
My DC07 works fine through the sole plate - good suction, no issues.  But when I stand it up and try to use the attachments there is no suction. There is a loud hissing from the base of the cleaner around the filter on the left hand side (if you are stood behind it) but I cannot see what would be causing it.  Any ideas gratefully received.

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC07 no suction when using attachments
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:48:15 pm »
My DC07 works fine through the sole plate - good suction, no issues.  But when I stand it up and try to use the attachments there is no suction. There is a loud hissing from the base of the cleaner around the filter on the left hand side (if you are stood behind it) but I cannot see what would be causing it.  Any ideas gratefully received.

If you follow the hose down to its base you will see a u bend pipe - unclip this and check it for any obstructions. It may be as simple as that if you're lucky.

Assuming you're using the tools attached to the wand - I would disconnect the wand from the hose and look down the aluminium pipe towards a source of light and see if you can see light at the other end. The wand is bent slightly so you won't see directly out the other end but you should be able to see light to be able to tell it's clear. It's quite common something like a 2p coin or similar gets stuck and ruins the suction.

Hopefully this might help  :thumbsup:

Offline pauld1331

Re: DC07 no suction when using attachments
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:35:37 pm »
i had loss of suction on my DC07 i stripped it down found 2 filters cleaned them i have some suction now but not as good as it was keeps getting this loud hissing type of sound not all the time  ... then i found this forum will be trying out some of the tips  keep up the good work  ;) will let you know how i get on

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram