The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: dc18 post motor filter assy. HELP  (Read 5639 times)

Offline guitarsjm

dc18 post motor filter assy. HELP
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:51:18 am »
hi.. new here so please bare with me..

i fix vacs and love to find ones that REALLY do what they are supposed to... like a sebo... and repair them as well.

i picked up a slim dc18 for a few bucks that i want to fix n sell.  i found that somehow, whoever had it before, tried to take out the post motor filter... the filter and its clear cover/container beneath the dust collector unit.  i cant find any views of this area so i can figure out how the heck this unit goes back neatly and sits the way it was meant to.  for the life of me, i cant see how to do this.. and i am pretty good at this, but this one has me miffd.  this permanent rather large filter, and its clear cover (dont know why its clear if its meant to never be removed...clear just seems to have tempted the prior owner to seemingly try and get to it), were not sitting flush over the gasket/seal.  i appreciate the help and any with this piece of overpriced plastic... my gosh.. why do these things cost so much

Offline guitarsjm

Re: dc18 post motor filter assy. HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 04:16:19 am »
ok... took it APART and figured this little bit out...

NOW... it works and sucks like it should...but... now i cant seem to get the suction from the brush end... ugh... just lookin for how it switches sucction from wand to head... thanks

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: dc18 post motor filter assy. HELP
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:59:55 pm »
ok... took it APART and figured this little bit out...

NOW... it works and sucks like it should...but... now i cant seem to get the suction from the brush end... ugh... just lookin for how it switches sucction from wand to head... thanks

There's a common part on the undercarriage assembly that often breaks and I suspect that's causing the problem you're experiencing. Have a look at this thread - https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php?topic=388.0 

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration