The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC02 - Noisy Engine - sound more like an airplane's engine  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Montego

Hi All,

I have a very much loved DC02 limited edition De Stijl Dyson, some time ago the engine became noisy, though it works OK.

I now can only really use it if I wear ear protectors, I recent bought a refurbished engine on eBay, but it looked far worse than the one I had, and when I fitted it the noise level seemed only slightly better, hence I put the original engine back in.

The missus has bought a brand Electrolux upright vacumn cleaner, but in my opinion it does not have the suction power of the DC02, hence my personal quest to see if I can sort out the noise issue on the DC02, rather than dump it.

Are there known issues with seals going, or are there noise reduction blankets that can be fitted around the motor?

Any pointers in the right direction would be apprciated :bow:, Thanks in advance.

Montego

Offline bluebumble485

Re: DC02 - Noisy Engine - sound more like an airplane's engine
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 01:39:43 pm »
i think its time to upgrade to a dc08 the dc02 is getting a little long in the tooth now
give it a good send off to trhe great scrap man in the sky lol

Offline Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
Re: DC02 - Noisy Engine - sound more like an airplane's engine
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »
Failing which, a DC05 motor will fit in there. It will be a tight squeeze, but it will go. It will also then be less asthmatic. Don't buy a dodgy used eBay one though.
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration