The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson CR01 Washing machine fault  (Read 8499 times)

Offline GBT

Dyson CR01 Washing machine fault
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »

Resume:  Dyson CR01, Switch on and it blows house circuit breakers, was working OK a week ago.

I took the earth lead off the mains suppressor and everything fired up OK, so assume its a short circuit on one of the components.  The inner door open warning flashed up (has happened once before) and had to open/close the door numerous times to clear the message so I'm thinking that this may be where the fault lies or possibly its the mains suppressor itself - is that a logical approach?

Next move is to run through the various components one by one to try to isolate the faults location, again is this a good way to proceed? I am not fully conversant with electrical issues.

How do you access the 'service mode' on the control panel, watched the Dyson engineer repairing it and he had all kinds of feedback via the matrix display - can't remember if he used a service tool to do this.

Regards,

GBT

Offline Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
Re: Dyson CR01 Washing machine fault
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:39:05 pm »
I would probably start with a mains suppressor. While door switches are known to go faulty, I never heard of them blowing the house fuses.

I am no expert on these though.......
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Offline Bendini

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »
Hi there

Not sure what the fault is but to enter diagnostic mode - switch main on/off switch off. press and hold temperature button. switch on/off back on & release temperature button and then press soil type button within 3 seconds. The display will show diagnostic mode and a code. If you switch the machine back off and on again it will exit diagnostic mode. Some faults will clear by doing this process. I think as your machine is tripping the electrics this will not be the case. If you get the code from the diagnostic mode somebody may be able to point you in the right direction!

Offline Danielandthelions

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:03:20 pm »
The usual issue is worn motor brushes, these (or equivalents) are available from ebay and espares.
While there, clean the motor rotor contacts to avoid shorting outs and blown fuses.
I hope this helps

Offline Dead Dyson

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04:24 pm »
My machine was blowing the electrics at the start of any wash programme.

However, it was fine if I only set it to rinse & spin, which doesn't use any heat.

This meant it was a fault with the heating element. When I spoke to Dyson I was told it had bit the dust, basically! But that's not saying it can't be fixed!

Anyway, try running just a rinse & spin and you'll know.

Good luck.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram