The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: My dyson dc 17 animal has a terrible brushbar noise  (Read 5220 times)

Offline tammyt1722

My dyson dc 17 animal has a terrible brushbar noise
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:57:46 pm »
I already had a dyson dc 14 animal and was looking for a newer model. I clean houses and this by far has been the best vac I've ever had and I've had plenty. Was going through them ever 6 months. I've only had to replace power cord on my dc 14 once. Other than that it has lasted me going on 7 years now. I bought the dc 17 on eBay and it looked brand new, but soon as I took it out of the box the cat urine smell knocked me over. :sick0012: Was told it had just sucked a few turds. They didn't tell me they thought it was a steam cleaner and sucked up pee in it. The filter was wringing wet with cat pee. Needless to say I never got my money back. Cleaned the heck out it for 2 weeks. Finally the smell was gone. Anyway, it has always had this noise when you engage the brushbar. It sounds horrible. Checked the brushbar , the belt and cleaned all around it. Still it has that noise like it is hitting something. Also, it doesn't have the suction out of the wand that my 14 has. I read somewhere on here about a reset button but I can't find it. Please Help!!!! :'(

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram