The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 clutch problems, maybe?  (Read 6376 times)

Offline StringWells

DC07 clutch problems, maybe?
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:30:37 pm »
I acquired this clutched, hepa model which had a severe screeching noise from down below. I stripped it down and found the brush bar was seized. I stripped and checked the clutch which seemed ok. I fitted a new brush bar and it worked ok for a few months until the brushes burnt out. I replaced the motor and now the screeching noise reoccurs when the clutch is engaged. It may go ok for a few moments ok, but then suddenly starts screeching. What sort of faults can a clutch develop?

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC07 clutch problems, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:39:28 pm »
I acquired this clutched, hepa model which had a severe screeching noise from down below. I stripped it down and found the brush bar was seized. I stripped and checked the clutch which seemed ok. I fitted a new brush bar and it worked ok for a few months until the brushes burnt out. I replaced the motor and now the screeching noise reoccurs when the clutch is engaged. It may go ok for a few moments ok, but then suddenly starts screeching. What sort of faults can a clutch develop?

Try the easy fix first - pop the end caps off the brushbar, clear out any dirt, hair etc out of the ends and give the bearings a good lubricate and see if that makes a difference .

I would say that's the most likely culprit of the screeching

Offline StringWells

Re: DC07 clutch problems, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:25 pm »
Right: I have dismantled it a bit. I took brush tray and clutch assembly out and lots of bits of rubber present. I'm thinking I may have replaced clutch assembly and twisted the belt last time!  :snivel: Now I'll wait for some dirt to appear and test it properly. Anyway thanks for your prompt help  :tiphat:

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram