The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC14 post motor filter / upgrade to HEPA  (Read 6121 times)

Offline mrsteve

DC14 post motor filter / upgrade to HEPA
« on: February 02, 2013, 01:15:12 pm »
I have a trusty old DC-14 All-floors.  The post-motor filter is now dark grey and looks like it needs replacing.

The existing filter appears to be stuck on - presumably I need to tear it off and glue on a new one - what glue?

But can I upgrade it to a HEPA post-motor filter?  Will one fit in the same housing?  My son has been identified as having a dust mite allergy, and it might help his health in the house.  If so, I presume I need the filter plus 2 seals?

Thanks

Steve

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC14 post motor filter / upgrade to HEPA
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:34:52 pm »
I have a trusty old DC-14 All-floors.  The post-motor filter is now dark grey and looks like it needs replacing.

The existing filter appears to be stuck on - presumably I need to tear it off and glue on a new one - what glue?

But can I upgrade it to a HEPA post-motor filter?  Will one fit in the same housing?  My son has been identified as having a dust mite allergy, and it might help his health in the house.  If so, I presume I need the filter plus 2 seals?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes it's a nice easy swap to a HEPA filter and seals if you prefer that - pull the old filter pad off and the HEPA filter fits straight into the same housing.

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration