The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson CR01 - Manuals and software downgrade?  (Read 5842 times)

Offline markocosic

Dyson CR01 - Manuals and software downgrade?
« on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:09 am »
Hello,

I've just picked up a dead CR01 and will pick up a couple more to cannabalise to fix each other. Couple of questions:

-Are there any dealer manuals/service engineer manuals for these floating about online?

-Can the software be "downgraded" to reinstate the contra-rotation The one I've just picked up has been hobbled with "improved" software to locked the drum. I'd like to unlock the drum - bearings are not expensive.

Thanks,

--
Marko

Offline Bendini

Re: Dyson CR01 - Manuals and software downgrade?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:04:53 pm »
Hi there

I believe that it is possible to 'software downgrade' a CR01 or CR02 although some references suggest that if the gearbox mechanically fails Dyson sometimes put replacement parts in which would make it impossible to re-instate contra-rotation by changing the software back. I believe that usually it was done software only as a preventative measure 'too prolong life of the bearings'!! What I am not sure about is how to undo the software upgrade. I have a CR01 that does contra-rotate and a CR02 which doesn't. Some of the segments in the display on the CR02 control panel recently failed and I bought a replacement, supposedly donated from a machine which still contra-rotates,  in order to sort this problem out and hoping to restore contra-rotation at the same time. I have only tested the new panel on a spin only cycle because the CR02 is in my garage and not plumbed in. However, the CR01 does a short contra-rotation right at the end of the final spin/spin only and my CR02 still doesn't with the new panel fitted (all the segments are good though!!). I am not sure if my donor control panel also has the later software after all, if a contra-rotating CR02 doesn't do a little contra-rotating at the end of the cycle or whether Dyson engineers used a device plugged into the main board  to do the software 'upgrade' (downgrade!!) Any information on this would be appreciat

Thanks

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram