The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC17 - need help with the wiring  (Read 6481 times)

Offline mhartley

Dyson DC17 - need help with the wiring
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:26:37 am »
The motor blew on my vacuum and my teenage son took everything apart to "help" when I was trying to order a new motor.  However, he disconnected the wires before I got a look at them and now I don't know how to get it wired back in.

I tried a few combinations with the old dead motor, figuring if I got it right I could at least get the bar brush motor to run, however everything I've tried has either blown a fuse in the plug or melted the socket completely.

The colors of the wires as follows...there are two wires that come from the power cord, one white and one black.  There is a solo white wire with a green cover on the terminal end. 

There are three places that the wires can go, there is a set of two connectors one with a black wire attached, the other has no obvious wire on it.  The other connector only has one prong with a red wire attached to it.

I assumed the two connector prong was where I would put the wires from the power cord, but I have tried them in both combinations with no success.  It sort of has the appearance of a ground (which I suppose could be the solo white wire with the green cap.) 

I'd rather not melt another outlet trying the combinations, so i could use a hand if anyone knows the correct wiring.

Thanks very much!

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

Re: Dyson DC17 - need help with the wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »
Take some pics and post them. Then I can help you
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Offline mhartley

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:41:22 pm »
Here are the pictures of the connectors on the motors.

Offline emurib

• Vacuum Cleaners Sales, Repair and Parts
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:48:44 pm »
The two white wires goes next to each other, the blk one on the opposite side.

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration