The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: dc04 not picking up from brush end  (Read 26666 times)

Offline emurib

• Vacuum Cleaners Sales, Repair and Parts
Re: dc04 not picking up from brush end
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »
If you have lot of suction from the hose and your vacuum does not p-up from the brush end.

First you must ck for blockage at the internal short by the brush. If you see a blockage clear it up.

My experience with this vacuum is, your brush is your carpet tooth brush and you need to replace them every 2 or three years, just as you would replace your tooth brush.

Second, I hear a lot of people saying the my brush spins and I see dirt in the container thus it means that all is A Ok. Not true, your belts on the clutch loose revolution efficiency as they stretch even if your vacuum sits in the closet without being used. You must replace the clutch every two yrs, that is if you like to live in a clean house.

Third the internal hose by the brush stretches and go out shape. This hose dictates how close the nozzle is to your carpet, You need to change when it looks like an S shape or as such.

You must remember, not because your vacuum motor is powering on means that your vacuum is working efficiently. Again, that is if like living in a clean home, you must do the above.

Offline mike

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 06:43:50 pm »
I looked at the brushes and can see they extend beyond the base but don't know how I can tell if they are long enough. The brushes are nearly 2mm from the edges of the plate as it spins round - could it be this is not long enough?. If the brush is spinning does that not mean the bearings are ok? There's no noise from the roller that's abnormal when spinning and I cannot stop it from spinning with my hand

Offline emurib

• Vacuum Cleaners Sales, Repair and Parts
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »
You see , the Bristles on the brush get soft and thin. Like I said you need to replace every couple of years. It has nothing to do with the bearing spinning. If you feel your brush is Ok than replace the clutch and the internal hose that is placed right above the clutch.

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram