The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: CR 01 Fault code F15  (Read 7789 times)

Offline Pinky

CR 01 Fault code F15
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:53:39 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can help?

New to the forum, but had the DC01 since they were on the market and purchased the CR 01 as soon as they were available.

Our original CR 01 received a replacement drum, various other parts until eventually the nice man from Dyson told us that the bearings had gone and it was time for it to head for the recycling plant in the sky! he even arranged for the machine to be collected by Dyson for the final journey. But not before I stripped a few parts as I managed to pick up one from Ebay that was not wanted and fully functional, still got it and still going strong.

However we moved home recently and I`ve acquired an additional CR 01, newer but had issues with the lcd display. Undeterred, bearing in mind the spares from the original, I replaced the main board, got the display up and running, outer door lock not shut, no problem swapped the outer door catches (these are still available anyway), got the machine to rinse and spin, so far so good, time for a wash cycle. Keep getting the F15 fault code!

I`ve done the diagnostic check and got 2255F15F6F15V131,

Keep clearing and trying again, sometimes get the "not filling" but restarts easy enough.

Any tips or thoughts,

I`ve got plenty of enthusiasm just need pointing in the right direction, be a shame to send this one off to the recycling centre!

Thanks in anticipation,

Tony.

Offline Bendini

Re: CR 01 Fault code F15
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:33:45 pm »
Hi there

It appears that F15 = gear change too slow This relates to the servo mechanism which engages the contra-rotation. It may be that it just needs lubrication or there may be damage to the mechanism itself. You can possibly take the back off and disconnect the water supply. You can do a 'Spin Only' and you get a little contra-rotation phase at the end. You can then observe the mechanism engage and disengage to assess it in operation. I haven't worked on this part of my machine but hope this might point you in the right direction!

Offline Danielandthelions

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:09:05 pm »
You need to take the back off and test the motion of the large toothed gear.
The small motor gearbox that drives it seizes up, remove it carefully, and release it with wd40 and movement back and forth, noting doing this does stress the little internal gearbox so must be done carefully too.
Re assemble and visually check its motion.

Offline Pinky

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:52:00 am »
Hi guys,
Thanks for the advice.
I suppose if the gearbox has seized a new one (if they`re still available?) is the order of the day?
I`ll give it a try after half term.
Thanks again,
Tony.

Offline Pinky

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »
Hi guys

No movement on the gearbox/sprocket at the end of the spin cycle,

Next question is, do I try and free it myself, or look for another gearbox? Are they still available or will it be from someone breaking one up for spares?

Anyone?

Thanks again for your time guys,

Tony

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration