The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC04 Zorbster clutch dismantling  (Read 5208 times)

Offline rungidung

DC04 Zorbster clutch dismantling
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:20:56 pm »
Hi,
     Can anybody please explain how to dismantle this clutch  in order to change the two belts? I know how to do a normal DC04 clutch but I'm unable to work out how to do this one due to the extra attachment on the end where the 2 torx screws are located. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks

Clive

Offline Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
Re: DC04 Zorbster clutch dismantling
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:43:27 pm »
Hi Clive,

You strip them in the same way. The circlip on the opposite end is undone second, then it can be split from there.
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC04 Zorbster clutch dismantling
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:05:55 am »
Refitting the clutch-motor belt pulley can be a PITA due to the black friction pad falling out. I put thin drops of grease around the underneath of it, which allows the friction pad to stick to the housing and not fall off as you line the belt up around the screw post!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration