The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC04 Limited Edition  (Read 16978 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Dyson DC04 Limited Edition
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »
A new internal hose and brushroll might be a future purchase, their letting the whole machine down!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline absolutepurplelime

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 01:47:57 am »
Oh Beko, I've given my DC11 a mini strip down tonight. I've done the bin with wd40 and took a picture for you to see how it has come up.

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 02:30:06 am »
Oh also you know your cyclone is melted, an absolute purple and limes cyclone would surely Match. Just change the handle so that it's got the limited edition on it still. Assuming it's the same shade of purple ???

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 10:53:39 am »
That DC11 is new, don't kid us. Seriously that's great, was it very hazy before, or did you get lucky and get a clean one under all the dirt?

No, their two shades of purple, so that won't work. Leaving that for now, the amount of stuff I still need to buy for it is too much as it is, definatly no profit in this one! I also keep using it to clean out other machines, so the cyclone needs a re-wash now!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 10:24:07 pm »
I use my miele to do other machines out with, I have a late junior I want you to identify. I'm going to get it out the attic now. Will add some pictures on this post for you so it's easy to find. Shall not be long :)

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 11:10:16 pm »
Junior, ila_renderedila_renderedila_rendered

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:41 am »
Waiting impatiently for my de Stijl to arrive, so Ive tested some autoglym super resin Polish on my dc04 purple lime, I'm impressed! Also on the DC07, looks like bloody glass!!

And again on my pride and joy :)

I love my machines

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 12:57:32 am »
That is a very lovely Turbopower Junior. Looks fairly new, if you post the serial number up I could date it for you.

Do you have the instructions? If you ever run out of rroom to keep it...

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »
I don't have instructions for it I'm afraid, to be honest I'm not a fan of the machine it freaks me out for odd reason. I'm thinking of putting it on ebay to sell it on and give it a loving home as it just sits in my attic at the moment :(

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2013, 07:27:00 am »
My new internal hose finally showed up

Hopefully this will make it work on the floor again, compared to the old one this one is pracitcally rigid! Will strip the brushroll housing out and clean up the pivot points as well just to be sure, and clean the cyclone again as I've been using it to clean out other vacs as I refurb them!

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram