The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC28 not sold in UK and other questions.  (Read 4748 times)

Offline novaruby26

DC28 not sold in UK and other questions.
« on: July 18, 2013, 05:41:08 pm »
So I was all set to buy the new dc41 animal complete (ohh the tangle free tool) then saw that you can buy the dc41 animal and it also comes with the tangle free tool IN SOME BOXES.  First, this made me upset because there are about a million sellers in stores and ebay selling the dc41 animal with this new tool and some that dont include it.  Why is that?  Who decides at the dyson factory when boxing up the dc41 animals what box gets the tangle free turbine?  I know the complete has it always.  But not so on the non complete.  So I said forget it when I saw the dc28 animal.  I have 2 dogs who shed like crazy and I feel like im eating their hair always.  I saw that the dc28 animal has the highest AW of any other dyson ever made.  At least I THINK it does.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  It says on some sites including dyson.com it has 135 AW but on others..very reputable sites, that is has 245 AW.  Very confused.  Like here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyson-DC28-Animal-Upright-Vacuum-245-Air-Watts-Mini-Turbine-Head-HEPA-Filter-/250924608753  says 245..and here:   http://appliances.productwiki.com/dyson-dc28-animal/    WIKI OF ALL THINGS.  But dyson.com says 235.  Also at some other site I cant find now that is one of the biggest retailers of dysons in the US says it has 245 AW.  I WANT THE 245.  I need the suction.  Id also like to ask if there are adaptors out there i can put on my current dyson dc25 to use the 8 random dyson tools i have lying around here from older models.  I dont even know what models the accessories I have were from lol.  And Id like to then use them on my new dc28 when I do decide to buy it.  Last question I need answered is about the tangle free turbine tool.  I see people have managed to recreate other dyson tools for the after market, and Im wondering if anyone knows if there is a tangle free turbine aftermarket tool created out there we can buy without the hefty price tag or without the hope that it will be in a new dyson dc41 animal box.  :( If not I think someone smart should start working on one now so we can all enjoy it with an adapter on our older dyson models if need be.  Oops, and my OP question lol...is the dc28 animal not sold in the UK?  I do not see much about it and the spare parts store doesnt list it on their page.  Ok thanks and sorry for being long winded. 

Offline Angus Black

• Dyson Medic
Re: DC28 not sold in UK and other questions.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:54:24 pm »
It says on some sites including dyson.com............

They usually know what they are talking about - they made it. Others often copy and paste some stuff and get it wrong sometimes.

Id also like to ask if there are adaptors out there i can put on my current dyson dc25 to use the 8 random dyson tools i have lying around here from older models.  I dont even know what models the accessories I have were from lol.  And Id like to then use them on my new dc28 when I do decide to buy it.

In recent years, Dyson have made tools not interchangeable. Probably so you must buy them again.

Last question I need answered is about the tangle free turbine tool.  I see people have managed to recreate other dyson tools for the after market, and Im wondering if anyone knows if there is a tangle free turbine aftermarket tool created out there we can buy without the hefty price tag

That is a new tool, so it will be a while before anyone makes an after market one; and they only will then if there is demand.

Oops, and my OP question lol...is the dc28 animal not sold in the UK?

No, like the DC17 and many others, the DC28 is a foreign market model.

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration