Our head stopped working together with a few sparks and electrical burn smell.
I checked the output from the PCB to the motor and oddly I got 330V DC output. I searched this forum and found this had happened before. One occasion the poster never came back to complete the thread.
Another was more interesting https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php?topic=520.0
Although this poster never came back either, they tested two PCB's both outputting in the region of 330V and went one step further and connected the PCB and found the motor ran fine. In the thread they were told their meter must be faulty.
This seems strange to me. Various people all getting iro 330V DC and when used, seemed to work fine?
I can't easily believe we all had faulty meters all showing the same values for the same PCB, whilst 330V seems out of range for the motor? Weird coincidence? But I am no electrician.
Any ideas what is going on with this 330V area? The motor the PCB feed is rated at 240V DC. UK model.