I think the earlier Dyson vacuums are much better than the newer models because;
1) the DC07 has the strongest suction at the cleaner head instead of the DC41, it actually lifts the carpets up unlike the DC41.
2) They do now have complex designs, if you want to clean it out or find a blockage its much easier to take it apart.
3) The plastic is very flexible on the newer models.
4) Loads of DC41's are on eBay because of the side ball pin snapped off, its a design fault.
5) If you compare the amount of DC01's burning out compared to late models, the old British DC01 still works today, 20 years on
Let me know what you think