I took my persuader to the wands.
Hold wand upside down by aluminium and strike bottom of plastic firmly repeatedly. (remove cable clip first)
This worked with no damage on DC04 and DC03 wand but did not work on DC07, it just would not budge and the plastic disintegrated.
You do get rubber skid marks left on the pipe but they wash off, also get lots of little bits of rubber every where.
I managed to fix the De Stijl handle by inserting a plastic sleeve made from a 22m overflow pipe joiner filed down a bit and glued in.
Bit of a sand and a polish and it should look OK.
This is what caused all the trouble, someone cut the end off so the hose would not stay on the wand when extended