The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Burning hot belt spindle ?  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Nanako

Burning hot belt spindle ?
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:24:57 pm »
hi all. Im currently disassembling and repairing my Dyson DC 07 Brush Control (the one with a clutch and two drive belts in it)

After lots of poking around and obtaining tools, i managed to remove the clutch housing, and found that the second drive belt was broken.  i've ordered some replacement ones online, and im trying to use those, but when I turned it on the belt wouldn't move. I reached inside to feel if the belt spindle was turning, and got burned :(

i turned it off before any damage ocurred to the belt, but i need advice as to what to do next. What's causing this, and how can i fix it? am i going to need to buy anymore replacement parts ?

Offline premierdysonrepairs

• Repairs, service and reconditioning of Dyson Vac's
Re: Burning hot belt spindle ?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »
Hi Nanako, you are looking at a seized brush bar bearing or a clutch problem, but i would remove the brush bar first and check that it spins freely. If it spins freely then have a look at the clutch assembly next.

Hope this helps.
If @ first you dont succeed "scrap it"

Offline Nanako

Re: Burning hot belt spindle ?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 04:48:33 pm »
Hi Nanako, you are looking at a seized brush bar bearing or a clutch problem, but i would remove the brush bar first and check that it spins freely. If it spins freely then have a look at the clutch assembly next.

Hope this helps.

i've already stripped everything down, the brush bar isn't even attached right now.

Both wheels in the clutch seem to spin just fine. I turn one, the other turns too.

The spindle doesn't seem to overheat when it runs idle, only when the clutch+belt is attached

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram