I've been looking for a vacuum for the car/shed/diy etc for a while now. My stepbrother found me a dead 2010 henry, which I;ve fixed and used it to clean the cars out yesterday, but it's too nice for a snotter, and will be refurbed and sold soon.
Today at the car boot, I found this! (Saw it as I drove in TBH, and went straight up and knocked him down from £25 to £10.
I had a closer look when I got home
Missing his handle (one on order)
All looking very battered! I plugged him in throug the RCD and he turned on, but sounded like crap, and had no suction at all!
I fixed the hose next, pulling off layers of gaffa tape and simply dismantling the hose ends, chopping the damage off and re-assembling it!
So I dropped my daughter off at Nannys, and whilst Amy was asleep ready for work tonight I stripped him down!
Found this long forgotten inside the cord reel. I binned it!
Good old plaster dust...
Removed the motor cover and fell over!
This DID run!
Started removing the wires to get the motor out
Cord rewind wires
How this thermal cutout didnt blow I have NO idea...
t'other end of the cutout, and the neutral to the motor
Then the live to the motor
Switch and power nozzle socket out
Power socket stripped for washing
Popped the cord reel contacts off
Now onto the motor...
2 bolts out and the top taps off the bearing
and the coil is removed
Fans look crap
just to remind me to put them back in!
Fan casing split
After some screwdrivering (dc04 switch remover comes in handy for this)
This pile came from JUST the motor
and made a right mess of me lawn
Onto the last bits then
FFS, if your going to use them bagless, make sure there isnt a bastard hole in the filter...
This was half out anyway due to crap packing itself behind it and pushing the clips out
Front wheels off once I;d dug the nuts out
and some more scraping
Rear wheels next
and he was stripped! Then my crap camera decided to go from full to 'no I wont turn on...' so no more pictures for now (I cant wait to get my phone back!)So...
Everythings been washed and is now drying
Motor is back together with the bearings re-packed with grease and all spinning nice and smoothly now, with just a slight bit of friction somewhere that doesnt seem to bother it and I doubt will be an issue when fired up properly
Filter and hose have literally just finished in the washing machine, will sew the hole up...
Will try and find some more batteries for tomorrow when hopefully it gets a polish and goes back together! Then when the handle and bags come I can get using it!
Poor Henry, I;m surprised he didnt catch fire already...